The face of homelessness isn’t what you might expect. It affects people from all walks of life.
On October 10th, people around the world will recognize World Homeless Day to increase awareness of homelessness and provide the community with suggestions on how they can get involved and help those in need.
Did you know?
• 100 million homeless worldwide
• 633,782 of them in the U.S.
• 10,000 of those in Tennessee
• 4,000 in Nashville, TN
How can you help?
• Support organizations that provide services to the homeless
• Donate food, clothing, shoes, toiletries, socks and underwear to organizations serving the homeless
• Volunteer to serve meals, tutor, teach classes or lead devotions at a shelter, soup kitchen or other organization helping those in need
• Pray for Nashville Rescue Mission, churches and other organizations who are helping the homeless and hungry in the community
We need your help