At Nashville Rescue Mission, we partner with thousands of volunteers each year to touch lives for today and for eternity. Join the Mission’s team of volunteers and show compassion, love, and kindness to our neighbors in need.
Our minimum volunteer age is 10 years old, and volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Any volunteer serving women and children must undergo a background check (through Sterling Volunteers) BEFORE they can serve. This is only required for volunteers at the Women & Children’s Campus.
*Please note: if you are serving directly with women and children, you will not be able to sign-up through Volunteer Hub or volunteer on campus without an approved background check.*
If you have not yet completed a background check, please follow these instructions:
1. Sign in to your Volunteer Hub account.
2. Click on the arrow by your name in the top right corner.
3. Click “Manage Affiliations.”
4. Select “Women’s Campus Background Check” and click “Save.”
5. From here, you will see a large red button that says, “Initiate Background Check.”
View Opportunities Create an Account Sign in
Nashville Rescue Mission does NOT participate in community service programs that are court-ordered, or mandatory on the basis of receiving public housing, and/or food assistance benefits.