Put a Smile on a Child’s Face
While many kids can’t wait for summer break, there are some in the Nashville area who dread it. For the kids living at the Nashville Rescue Mission the fact that school is out may cause more anxiety and concern than excitement.
Through the generosity of Deer Run Retreat, the Mission is able to send these kids to “Camp Deer Run”—a five-day, life-changing experience for kids who might not otherwise have an opportunity to attend a summer camp.
While the cost of the camp is covered, these kids still need a variety of items to make their experience complete. You can help by donating the following items:
• Bible, pen, notebook
• Insect repellent
• Swimsuit (one-piece for girls), sunscreen, beach towel & waterproof sandals
• Rain gear and/or light jacket
• Casual clothing & athletic shoes for recreational activities (shorts & tank tops)
• Backpack or other bag to carry belongings around camp
• Plastic bag for wet items
• Loose-fitting pants or shorts & short or long sleeved shirts for adventure recreation
• Boots or shoes appropriate for hiking
• Sleeping bag or bedding for twin mattress plus pillow
• Toiletries: soap, shampoo, personal items, etc.
• Bath towels & washcloths
• Flashlight & extra batteries
Download a printable list.
Donations are needed by June 25, 2012. Please label the boxes or bags as “Camp Needs” and drop them off at the Mission’s Donation Center located at 616 7th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203. It is open Monday through Saturday, from 7 AM to 7 PM for your convenience.