Homeless Kids Get the Opportunity to Attend Summer Camp
Thanks to Deer Run Retreat and generous donors like yourself, the boys and girls who call the Mission their temporary home have the opportunity to attend “Camp Deer Run”—a five-day, life-changing experience for kids who most likely would never attend summer camp. Deer Run Retreat covers the cost of camp, but these children still need your help to make complete the experience.
You can help by donating the following items:
• Bible, pen, notebook
• Insect repellent
• Swimsuit (one-piece for girls), sunscreen, beach towel & waterproof sandals
• Rain gear and/or light jacket
• Casual clothing & athletic shoes for recreational activities (shorts & tank tops)
• Backpack or other bag to carry belongings around camp
• Plastic bag for wet items
• Loose-fitting pants or shorts & short or long sleeved shirts for adventure recreation
• Boots or shoes appropriate for hiking
• Sleeping bag or bedding for twin mattress plus pillow
• Toiletries: soap, shampoo, personal items, etc.
• Bath towels & washcloths
• Flashlight & extra batteries
Download a printable list.
Donations are needed by June 24, 2013, and can be dropped off at the Mission’s Donation Center, 616 7th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203, Monday through Saturday from 7 am to 7 pm. Please label “camp donations.”